The latest episode of Apolitical is out
APOLITICAL podcast spoke to External Affairs Minister Humza Yousaf this week.
Amongst the topics discuss with Yousaf on the podcast are:
* His exposure to politics as a youth;
* How the US Government’s International Visitor Leadership Program changed his views on America;
* What convinced him of the case for Scottish independence;
* His political icons and role models;
* The ramifications of focusing Scotland’s aid budget on a narrow group of nations;
* What impact the treatment Greece is receiving from its EU partners has had on his pro-EU stance;
* Why the UK needs to do more to help refugees and asylum seekers;
* The Scottish Government’s position in relation to immigration and migration;
* The influence his faith has on his politics;
* Whether his career has been aided or hindered on account of his faith; and
* His assessment of where the case for and chances of Scottish independence stand right now.
Picture courtesy of Apolitical Podcast